Sunday, June 15, 2008

July's Reading Selection

The reading selection for July is:

David McCullough's 1776. I am really looking forward to reading this--it's been sitting on my shelf since my birthday! Thanks to all of you who voted.

To avoid confusion, we are not technically starting on this until July 6th.

Right now we are working on the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States, and The Federalist Papers (I'm noticing that #10 pops up a lot on various lists) and we'll be discussing them on July 5th. (Unless we want to change that date with it being so close to a holiday, I'm up for July 3rd or 7th. You know where to leave your input...)

Memorization: "Paul Revere's Ride," by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (I couldn't resist!)

Alright then, read away dear friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee - I already finished it. Anxiously awaiting comments in a month! I'll get cracking on the next book as soon as we decide. (It takes a while with my crazy life).